Personal Debit Cards/​Lost or Stolen

If your debit card has been lost or stolen

Follow these steps if any of your Peoples debit cards—or any other cards issued by other institutions are lost or stolen—or if you think you have become a victim of identity theft.

  • Contact your local Peoples location immediately. If this happens after hours, call 1-800-862-4066.
  • Contact all card companies right away to report stolen cards.
  • Call one of the consumer credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit report. You only need to contact one of the three companies to place an alert. The company you call is required to contact the other two, which will place an alert on their versions of your report, too. If you do not receive a confirmation from a company, you should contact that company directly to place a fraud alert.



Trans Union




  • Call the Social Security Administration’s Fraud Line, if anything with your Social Security number on it was taken. Social Security Administration Fraud Line 1-800-269-0271
  • Report the theft to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Their website is also the best source for identity theft guidance.

Federal Trade Commission