Job Posting: Mortgage Closer
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado (North Academy)
Job Grade: Non-Exempt
Responsibilities and Duties:
Perform full range of duties pertaining to closing of 1st mortgage home loans to be packaged and sold into the secondary market. Perform all closing requirements necessary to obtain the complete underwriting and regulatory satisfaction for loans sold on the secondary market. Prepare all closing documents that meet FHA, VA, CHFA, EPCB, USDA/RD, FHLMC, FNMA and investor requirements.
- Prepare all closing documents in compliance with all federal and state requirements
- Ensure all required documentation per investor guidelines/regulations for each specific loan product is contained in the closing documents.
- Provide assistance to co-workers with difficult internal problems or customer inquiries or problems.
- 2-3 years mortgage loan closing experience or equivalent experience in mortgage closing procedures and policies
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as a team player and be flexible as to current urgencies.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Good math, typing, and computer skills.· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment and assist other teams as needed.
- Analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving ability.· Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulatory and compliance issues affecting all aspects of the lending process
- Familiarity of local financial marketplace.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements:
- Position may require some overtime.
Peoples is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply M/F/D/V
Contact: Stephanie Calli
Download Application (pdf)