Job Posting: VP of Business Development - VP082912CO-31
Location: Colorado Springs, CO (North Academy)
Job Grade: Exempt
Responsibilities and Duties:
Under direction of the President and CEO, the Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for assisting in executing the Bank’s external sales and business development programs for new customers and expanding the depth and breadth of the Bank’s current client relationships and deploying recapture strategies for previous client relationships. The Business Development Officers will work together to develop a business development program and provide training for the Bank’s branch distribution employees to create familiarity with products, customer profiles, and additional sales cultivation.\n
• Execute monthly/ quarterly sales and business development plan and calendar as prescribed by the Bank’s President/CEO.\n
• Establish professional business conduits that will provide lead streams of business prospects that are a suitable match for the Bank’s business niche, size and service offerings, to include CPA’s, Business Valuation experts, Professional and Trade groups and non-profits.\n
• Serve as a primary resource for setting up Business Clients on treasury management solutions such as business online banking, remote deposit capture, sweep services, ACH, and other programs.\n
• With other Business Development Officer(s), identify operational support necessary to effectively support product offerings.\n
• Identify new product opportunities for development and deployment to Bank client base.\n
• Participate with managers in the development of sales and business development programs for employees, including applicable training and employee development programs.\n
• Serve as a resource to the Bank’s Director of Marketing in the evaluation, creation, and application of marketing kits and collateral materials associated with the Bank’s internal and external sales and marketing initiatives.\n
• Resolve problems in a positive manner.\n
• Demonstrate an ownership attitude by completing tasks not specifically outlined yet still necessary for successful business operations.\n
• Identify loan opportunities for referral to commercial or mortgage lenders.\n
• The Vice President of Business Development must possess a minimum of a High School diploma. A college degree in Business Administration (or equivalent in experience) is preferred.
• Five years of sales or customer service experience.\n
• Proven sales record of customer acquisition, customer service, business development.\n
• Experience in Treasury management including: Remote Capture, ACH origination, sweep services, online banking platform management.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Internet and Email).\n
• Be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.\n
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.\n
• Detail oriented and excellent follow-up skills.\n
• Able to create, understand, interpret and comply with policies.\n
• Able to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple tasks.\n
• Be a self-starter and work effectively without direct supervision to achieve objectives of the company.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements:
• Position takes place in an office environment\n
• Position will frequently exceed an eight hour workday\n
• Some travel may be required\n
• Position requires mobility between various offices\n
Peoples is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply.
Contact: Monica Zimmer